cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Exchange Mailboxes for Selection List

David_Jennings
Level 5
We just installed 11d on a new server and added remote agents to each of the 2 nodes in our Exchange 2003 cluster(we have the Exchange agent installed on the server).  I've added the instance name of the mailserver and I'm able to browse it and select the Information Store to do backups, but I no longer have "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes" like I did when browsing the server with 10.0.  Do additional steps need to be taken to be able to access the individual mail boxes in 11d?  I'm using the same domain account I used before to do the backups which was always able to browse the mailboxes in the past.  We'll be doing a full backup of the IS nightly, but we also want to be able to backup about 20 mailboxes for immediate restores in the event someone accidentally removes a files. 
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
For Legacy Mailbox backups, have you installed Outlook on the media server, then logged on as the Service Account and created an Outlook profile?

or are you trying to do GRT enabled backups?

David_Jennings
Level 5
I was referring to legacy backups, for one of our 2 nightly Exchange Backups.  I didn't know I had to install Outlook locally, will give that a try and see what the results are.  thanks.