cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see all Mailboxes - Restore

Scooty
Level 3
Hi
I am currently running Backup Exec 11d and also have the Exchange Agent installed (Exchange Server 2003)
I have enabled the 'Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from the Information Store backups' within the settings for the Microsoft Exchange backup
When I go to restore the mailboxes and drill down to the Information Store I can see the Information Store and then the First Storage Group. From the media (Snapshot Full) I can see my 4 Mailbox Stores, but when I expand this I am seeing one mailbox store with no mailboxes, two are showing only a few mailboxes and the last one appears to be showing all the mailboxes.
As stated the backup is a Full Backup, not incremental or differential. I don't have the 'Enable legacy mailbox support' enabled either
I don't understand why I am not seeing all of the mailboxes
I have only just enabled this, and the size of the backups are consistant with my previous backups, so I believe the Information Store is being fully backed up, just not all the mailboxes are visible!
Any suggestions would be most welcome
Scott
7 REPLIES 7

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Scott,

Can you tell me which revision and patch level of Backup Exec you are running? 

Is the Exchange server local to Backup Exec or is it a remote server?

Are you backing up to disk or to tape?

Scooty
Level 3
Backup Exec 11.0 Rev 6235
Installed Hot Fix 6 & 27
Backup Exec is on a dedicated Server, Exchange on a seperate dedicated server
Backup is to Tape not to Disk

Message Edited by Scooty on 11-27-2007 03:44 PM

Mark_Cummings
Level 2
I had a similar issue but using 7170 and all patches.  I managed to resolve it.
Essentially we had setup a service account to do the backups, normal practise.
This service account needs an Exchange mailbox.
Check your Selection List and credentials to connect for the Information Store.
Check that particular account has an Exchang mailbox.

Scooty
Level 3
Thanks Mark
I can confirm that the user account for the backups has a mailbox. I was able to access it via Webmail to prove it is active. The entire Information Store is selected within the selections.
I performed a LiveUpdate today and it installed Hot Fix 27, hot Fix 6 was already installed

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Can you also make sure that the account is not hidden from the global address list?

Scooty
Level 3
I can confirm that the account used for backups is not hidden in the GAL
I have made the user an Exhcange Administrator and it is also part of the Enterprise Admin and Domain Admin security groups
I tried deselecting and reselecting the Information Store within the selections and resubmitting the job.
Still only seeing a few of the mailboxes as per my original post

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
My next suggestion would be to get on the latest revision and patches, then attempt the backup again.  The latest Revision is 7170 and there is a lot of patches already available for that revision as well.  You can download the new revision from either fileconnect.symantec.com or backupexec.com.  It's a straight upgrade you should not have to reconfigure any of your jobs, etc.  You will need to update the remote agent after the media server has been updated.