cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual Error 999

AirVapor
Not applicable
Hi,

I've been having trouble with one of my backups for the past few months. The backup will usually complete successfully, but once in a while it will fail for a couple or more consecutive days. When I check the Job Log, I see this message:

Directory \\\D:\I386 was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

This message appears several times under the Errors field.

When I check Event Viewer on my server, I see the following event repeated several times as well:

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:None
Event ID:57481
Date:3/9/2005
Time:3:02:35 AM
User:N/A
Computer:
Description:
An unusual error (999) was encountered while enumerating the contents of the directory:

\\\D:\I386.

It is possible that files or subdirectories have not been backed up. Please examine your job log or catalogs to ensure this directory tree was backed up in its entirety.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

The problem here is that the job does not fail on a regular basis. It will run successfully for a week or two and then fail a few days. The job is scheduled to run at the same time every night.

Could someone provide me with some suggestions as to how to resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please do the following steps to resolve the issue please try creating a new BESA account and give this account domain admin rights and administrator rights
-recycle the services
-try to take the backup using this new account

Thanks

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply