cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating 8.6 via downloads

John_Seigh
Level 2
I took over SysAdmin duties for my section and our server is running Win 2000 Server with Backup Exec 8.6 installed. Our previous Admin person did not keep this up to date with patches, upgrades or utility fixes. I have downloaded all required files except two which require passwords to download.

I have the original box with all the applicable serial numbers for each product but none of them work when entered as passwords to allow download. This is as explained on the download page for these files.

Anyway to get a valid serial number or password. I don't know if this product was ever registered or not.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Which downloads are you trying to get to>?

The serial for the base code should be all you need.

John_Seigh
Level 2
There are two, one is Document # 241035 regarding a Symbols file dated 3/25/2004 and the other dated 11/30/2003 for Backup exec 8.6 running on a Windows 2000 Server

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Well, from the download page for v8.6.3878

Certain Backup Exec binaries will require a valid Backup Exec "base product" serial number to be entered as the password for download.

So a valid v8.6 base serial should unlock it. If not, I'd sya am Emaikl to the WebMaster is your next step

John_Seigh
Level 2
None of the serial numbers on stickers I have are listed as "base product".

I have 5 that say the following:

BENT/2000 SERVER EDITION V8.6 - 1 of these

BENT/2000 REMOTE AGENT FOR WINDOWS NT/2000 V8.6 - 3 of these

BENT/2000 ADVANCED SERVER/DATACENTER SERVER EDITION UPGE V8.6 1 of these.

and I've tried all of them...

E-mail to the Webmaster coming up...

Thanks Ken