cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating RAWS on remote servers.

John_B
Level 2

I have recently ran a "Liveupdate" from my Backup exec for Windows Servers 12.0 server and it installed SP2.  Looking at the release notes it says that the Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this hotfix. 

I tried updating the remote agent on a server through the console (Tools > Install agents and media Servers on other servers) and it says it is already installed.  Of course, I have not pushed this to any of my remote servers.

I have tried to use the backup exec remote agent bulk upgrade and update utility (BERABUUU) and it does not exist in the location indicated.  (I even did a full windows search for the executable to no avail.)

So, I have a 2 part question:

1) Do I need to update remote agents?

2) If 1 is "Yes" how do I do it if not with the BERABUUU

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

James_Poole
Level 3

John_B
Level 2

Thanks

However,

1. Push install the Remote Agent to all servers from the Tools | Install Remote Agents menu option in Backup Exec

When I do that, nothing happens and it does not try to update the remote installation.  I can, however, run the RAWS32.msp file in the RAWS32 path to update the remote installation, I was just hoping for an easier way.