cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 9.0 to 10

Nick_Nanos
Level 2
I am planning to upgrade 28 servers currently running 9.0 of Backup Exec to version 10. Backup Exec is currently installed on the C: drive and i would like to point it to the D: drive where there is more space to accomdate all the space backup exec uses. Can i do a upgrade in place with version 10 and point to the D: drive and retain all the settings and logs i currently have on all the servers and can this be done with a silent MSI install ? I also have a challenge with installing the SQL engine. Its always asked for the password and so I need to install it manually first and then install version 10. Any comments.
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Yes you can upgrade to version 10.0 and move it to D:\.

- Are you installing on an existing SQL instance or creating a separate instance of MSDE?

- What is the exact prompt that you are getting?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Nick_Nanos
Level 2
Hi,

There is no existing SQL instance on the servers, so it will be a new separate instance os MSDE. I don't get much of a prompt when installing. It just pauses when trying to install MSDE from the CD. So i have to copy the contents of the CD to the hard drive, edit the setup.ini to read/write and then edit the file and input the password.

Nick_Nanos
Level 2
I failed to realize that, when version 9 is install a instance of SQL is installed, correct?

If thats the case then, it would be an existing SQL instance and I should be able to continue installing version 10, the problem is the install stops at the MSDE install.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since it is failing on MSDE you can install MSDE manually, please refer the foll technote and then verify the result:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/263147

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.