cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade agents 12.5 to 2010

jwc1972
Level 5

Hello

Silly Question we are using backup exec 12.5 with agents, How do you know what version of the agents are you using?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Is this before, or after you upgrade the agents? If any agents are still on 12.5 you will get a job that completes with a warning stating that x-server is still on a previous version and needs to be upgraded.

My advice is to only upgrade your RAWS agents once BE 2010 R3 has been patched to SP1, with the 3 or 4 patches that were released after SP1 also installed...

You can also open up the RAWS agent on the remote server and see what the version is; alternatively right-click the server in your selection list and check there.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi,

Is this before, or after you upgrade the agents? If any agents are still on 12.5 you will get a job that completes with a warning stating that x-server is still on a previous version and needs to be upgraded.

My advice is to only upgrade your RAWS agents once BE 2010 R3 has been patched to SP1, with the 3 or 4 patches that were released after SP1 also installed...

You can also open up the RAWS agent on the remote server and see what the version is; alternatively right-click the server in your selection list and check there.

Thanks!

jwc1972
Level 5

HI Craig

This is before the upgrade, I just what every thing to run smonthly when we upgrade to 2010

CraigV

Well, either way, push-installing your agents will tell you before-hand whether or not you have issues with remote agents. If you do, you'd need to remove them and then install them manually.

You'd have to follow what I mentioned above in order to figure out what versions your RAWS agents are on.

jwc1972
Level 5

Hi

On our Domain Controller

Remote Agent 12.5 Rev 2213.101

Remote Agent 12.5 Rev 2213.0

Eon Our Sharepoint Sharepoint

Remote Agent 12.5 Rev 2213.175

Remore Agent 12.5 Rev 2214.0

Exchange Server

Remore Agent 12.5 Rev 2213.175

Remore Agent 12.5 Rev 2214

The question what's the difference?

CraigV

...patch levels. 1 server might be less patched than the other, and these change the RAWS agent revision.

Again though, BE 2010 R3's upgrade process doesn't care if 1 server is slightly different in patch levels...all will be brought up to the same level that the upgraded media server is at. :)

jwc1972
Level 5

Hi Craig

Cheers for this, I will go get a quote from my boss to upgrade to Backup 2010.

Ta