cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 10.0 to 10.d in a CASO , clustered MMS , SSO enviroment

Brian_Ellarby
Not applicable
Hi ,

I am just putting together a plan to upgrade our exisiting BE10.0 enviroment to BE10.d.

We have a CASO server, 2 Managed Media Servers ((both clustered , one Exchange one SQL) plus Remote Agents for the 30 or so other servers.

I just want to confirm I have things in the right order

1. Disable Comms between CASO and MMS
2. Upgrade install to 10.d on CASO server.
3. Restart CASO
4. Install Service Packs and hotixes on CASO server
5.Restart CASO Server

6.Stop BE services in Cluster Admin on MMS Servers
7. Upgrade BE on both nodes of MMS Servers to 10D

*Question: If I do a remote install from CASO server after Service Pack's have been installed on CASO server will I still have to apply Service P'acks to all nodes in MMS servers separatly?*

8.Restart both nodes in clustered MMS servers

9.Restart BE services in Cluster Admin on MMS servers.

10.Enable Comms between CASO server and MMS servers

11.Deploy Remote Agents to rest of servers.

Can someone please confirm that this will be the correct order in which to do things and also the bit about whether doing a remote install from CASO with all services and hotfixes installed will include the Service Packs and hotfixes in the 'remote installation'?

Thanks

Brian
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Brian,

Sorry about the delayed response. The procedure that you have mentioned is correct.
In case you do a remote install from CASO server after installing the Service Pack's on CASO server, you will still have to apply the Service Packs to all nodes in MMS servers separatly since CASO will only install the media server on it without service packs.

However if your are installing a remote agent after installing the SP's, then you won't have to reinstall the agent again.