cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 5 (free) DLO to licensed DLO loses configuration info?

SA
Level 3

We had been using the free, 5 user, DLO trial version that comes with Backup Exec for a long time. Then we purchased 70 licenses and installed the license key on the server.

I didn't realize it at first, because all the clients kept working, but it turns out that all the configuration data was reset. When I first entered the DLO console, I was prompted to configure storage locations, user assignments, etc. The DLO database on our SQL Server was empty.

Is this expected behavior?

SA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

No, that's not expected behavior. It's like adding an Exchange license and watching it trash all your jobs.

the license key will just unlock the additional functionality/allow for more #s...why it did that I don't know. I'd recommend patching your media server (you don't say which version) with the latest service pack and any additional patches thereafter.

I'll also hit the support flag for you...maybe someone from Symantec can fill you in on whether or not this has happened before...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

No, that's not expected behavior. It's like adding an Exchange license and watching it trash all your jobs.

the license key will just unlock the additional functionality/allow for more #s...why it did that I don't know. I'd recommend patching your media server (you don't say which version) with the latest service pack and any additional patches thereafter.

I'll also hit the support flag for you...maybe someone from Symantec can fill you in on whether or not this has happened before...

Thanks!