cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Backup Exec 2012 Quick Start Edition to Backup Exec 2015 Trialware 60 days

MarcoMazzagliaO
Not applicable

Hello support team.

I have a license of Backup Exec 2012 Quick start edition.

I would like to try "Backup Exec 2015" in its Trialware edition that lasts 60 days.

Is it possible to upgrade "Backup Exec 2012 - Quick Start Edition" to "Backup Exec 2015 - Trialware edition"?

Do I need to follow the usual upgrading procedures as shown in this article of the knowledge base?

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO98...

Thanks in advance.

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. It is possible to upgrade "Backup Exec 2012 - Quick Start Edition" to "Backup Exec 15 - Trialware edition".  All you need to do is to run the BE 15 installer and your BE would be upgraded.

However, I would not advise you to do so.  If you upgrade your BE 2012 to BE 15, you would loose your Quick Start licence and there is no turning back.  If you want to continue using BE after the trial period, then you need to purchase a BE 15 full licence. There is no way to upgrade a Quick Start licence.

If you do want to test our BE 15, then I would suggest that you install it on another server.  It would work with the BE 2012 remote agents.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. It is possible to upgrade "Backup Exec 2012 - Quick Start Edition" to "Backup Exec 15 - Trialware edition".  All you need to do is to run the BE 15 installer and your BE would be upgraded.

However, I would not advise you to do so.  If you upgrade your BE 2012 to BE 15, you would loose your Quick Start licence and there is no turning back.  If you want to continue using BE after the trial period, then you need to purchase a BE 15 full licence. There is no way to upgrade a Quick Start licence.

If you do want to test our BE 15, then I would suggest that you install it on another server.  It would work with the BE 2012 remote agents.