cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 12 - ODBC error

Ron_Russell
Level 3
I upgraded version 11d to 12 without errors.  Everything seemed to transition okay.  When I ran a job I received around 30 errors (all the same error message).  The error message is "ODBC access error.  Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to catalog index in the database."  I checked my ODBC connection and it tested successfully.  I created a .udl text message and went to the Provider tab in Properties and it would not connect.  I determined this had to do with case-sensitive password.  I changed the password and retested the .udl message and it was successful.  I ran another short job and received the amount of error messages.  Any help with this would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Ron_Russell
Level 3
I found it dishearting that I did not get a reply.  I upgraded per the instructions.  The only viable solution was to scrub everything and start from scratch with a new installation.  I could not savage the databases to where they were usable so I had to reinitiate fresh backups (hoping there is not a requirement for an old file).

THIS POSTING IS CLOSED.