cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 to 9.1

Ke-Sheng_Bao
Level 3
Dear Sir or Madam:

Hello. I am planning to upgrade my server Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 version to version 9.1. My server platform is Microsoft Windows 2003.

<> Will there be any problems concerning my past data backup tapes? Is there an upgrade procedure for my past data backup tapes which are version 9.0 to version 9.1?

<> Also, looking through the support forum, I have seen some difficulties when doing Backup Exec version upgrades to SP3 when the OS platform is not first upgraded with SP1. Should I upgrade MSWin2003 to SP1 before upgrading Backup Exec to version 9.1/SP3?

Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

Note: This posting is a duplicate of a previous post except I think I may have used the wrong word for what I am doing. I am not migrating my Backup Exec software but only upgrading the software.

Sincerely,
Ke
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Should be no problem. Just install over the top of v9.0 All your serials should still work

Don't forget v9.1SP2. (SP3 is out, but there appear to be some problems with it)
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275909.htm

You will need to re-install any Remote Agents and/or Database Agents on Remote Machines

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello Ke,

after upgrading to 9.1, you can easily restore from backup tapes from the earlier versions. There would not be any need for an upgrade process to be able to restore the data.

You can install the backup exec version 9.1 from the following weblink:

<>

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.