cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading win2003 Standard Edt to win2003 Enterprise Edt

jabba
Level 3
Hello to all,

I am planning to upgrade my server OS from win2003 standard to 2003 enterprise edt to accomodate memory upgrade. currently i have symantec backup exec 11d Rev 7170 installed on that server, i believe that my current backup supports the 2003 enterprise. I will simply upgrade my server using just the upgrade path provided by MS without changing anything from domain enrollment (which is just a member of domain without roles) to computer name. Is there anything that I need to download/install prior to this upgrade? Im afraid that the SQL database inside symantec will not work correctly and i will need to remove and re-install the whole apps. Appreciate your sharing in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I don't think there is anything from Symantec's side, but after you're done with your upgrade, consider running repairs on Backup Exec and testing. You can do SQL too if this is solely a backup server.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
I don't think there is anything from Symantec's side, but after you're done with your upgrade, consider running repairs on Backup Exec and testing. You can do SQL too if this is solely a backup server.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If you do not do any change in name or domain membership of server. Not much is changing for SQL or Backup Exec. So, I would suggest going ahead with upgrade, there should be no issues with Backup Exec software, it would continue to work.

Thanks

jabba
Level 3
Thank you guys for sharing. Much appreciated.

CraigV
Cool, let us know if it worked, and then you can close with a solution.

jabba
Level 3
I'll let you guys know how it goes. Will perform this next weekend. Thanks

CraigV
Did you come right with this?

jabba
Level 3
Hello Guys,

Sorry for the very late feedback. Yes! everything went well. I didn't even have to create new job. Thanks alot for all ur help.

jabba

CraigV
Cool man...can you maybe close this off then as the solution?