cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb automatically backdup

0zzY
Level 4

Hi all
i have seen that when i connect an usb key on my server, it will be backed up automatically (without changeing selection list).

Is it possible to disable this funcion?

6 REPLIES 6

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

Can you provide a little more information, so I can better understand your issue? What version of Backup Exec and when you say the device is automatically backed up, do you mean when the USB device is left plugged in? Or it backs up immediately when placed into the server? Is the drive you are placing the USB into part of the selections list that you mention?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is because you select the entire server.  Here is what you need to do.

1) deselect the entire server

2) select each of the drive that you want to back up.

Note that if you add a new drive that you want to back up, you have to change the selection list by selecting this new drive.

0zzY
Level 4

Hi Laurie,

i'm using Bexec2012 fully patched.

I had created a backup job for only 2 or 3 folders for this server.Some days ago somone left an usb key connected, and the next backup included all the content of the usb key.

0zzY
Level 4

Hi pkh, my selection list include only a few folders and file, i'll try to remove and re add as you suggest

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

If you did not select the entire server to be backed up, as indicated in your response, you could try just simply creating a new backup job and ensure the USB your referencing to is not plugged into the server. Let me know if that helps.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you edit the selection list, click on the server and select the details, i.e. the text view of the selection list and make sure that the drive letter of the USB drive is not selected.