cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-34070

chadsymantec
Level 4

Have a 64 bit win svr 2008 sbs and backup exec 2010 sp1, lto tapes and a hp tape internal drive. Just got this error last night on my backup that is only backing up 58gb of data.

BackupV-79-57344-34070 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

V-79-57344-34070 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

3 REPLIES 3

chadsymantec
Level 4

Error code: E0008516

chadsymantec
Level 4

Well i tested the credentials for the Information store and it passed, but another tech told me that this morning that some of the exchange services were down. Will let it run tonight.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Chad,

Are you running AOFO when backing up Exchange? If you are, turn it off, and rerun the backup job...

Post the results.

THanks!