cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted "user 1" with spauser

nOrphf
Level 3
Hi all UPS, I think I made a very bad move. I was trying to change the logon account username of my deduplication device, when I suddenly felt that I should try to delete the account name belonging to "user 1" when looking with spauser.exe. Now I can't create a new user, as my super user username and password don't work properly because "user 1" IS the super user, what could I do? Regards Lars Mortensen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nOrphf
Level 3
Hi Couldn't wait any longer, reinstalled everything. /nOrphf

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

nOrphf
Level 3
No one?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Don't have any ideas, but I have set the Support Flag to draw the attention of the Symantec Techs to this thread for you

nOrphf
Level 3
Thank you. Hope they will be drawn then :) Regards Lars.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well not a scenario we have planned for someone running into - so not really a scenario we can give a definuite answer on currently.

As long as this was against the built in DeDuplication Storage Folder that BE can be configured with (and not an external OST location) then, if you still know the username and password that was  originally in place, you 'might' be able to try deleting the dedupe folder from BE (not from the volume, the file system folders need to remain intact), then recreating it and specifying the credentials and paths that were last used when it was working. 

However, if there is critical data stored inside your deduplication folder, I would be inclined to install BE in eval mode on a test server, run a few small dedup jobs and then delete the user like you did and then test the above idea on a non-critical set of data first.

nOrphf
Level 3
Hi Thanks for the suggestion, I did what you suggested but now where I have recreated the DeDupe store it lying below all the servers with the ending " - Undiscovered" see attached screenshot. Can I do anything about that? It's not more critical data than if I have to start all over I will survive, but it would take some time to recreate :)

nOrphf
Level 3
Hi Couldn't wait any longer, reinstalled everything. /nOrphf