cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes.

sgrigorov
Level 2

I Have a Windows Server 2016 Standard with Veritas Backup Exec 16 installed. This server is bare metal and holds all backups

On a different server with Windows Server 2012 (not R2) i have installed a backup exec agent.

I have configured the below (as example) folder to be backed up E:\folder1\folder2\*, but i constantly get the below errors:

V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes.

Checked for orphaned snapshots - i didn't find any.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
S

4 REPLIES 4

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

Try following things and see if it helps:

-> disabling and enabling the shadow copy on the affected volume.  This will get rid of previous volume snapshots.

-> increase the space allowed for shadow copy.

-> move the shadow copy to another volume

Shadow copy is disabled since the 2012 server was created.

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

In that case, I'd suggest to run 'VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS' command on affected server and confirm if 'System Writer' is present and shows stable without any errors. Would also suggest to reboot the affected server one time, in case if there are any orphaned cache files, which would be removed with the reboot and may also fix errors with system writer (if any).

Please also exclude BE install folder and/or any Temp location from AntiVirus scanning on the affected server should there be any AV software installed.

I have alredy run vssadmin and no errors were found.

I will exclude the BE folder on the server from the scan. In addition i have rebooted the server and after a few days the error appear again, so i don't think this can help.

Thanks