cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-501 The log file is corrupt. '

Jellyman_4eva
Level 3

Hi,

I am running Backup Exec 2010 R2 fully up to date on a Server 2008 R2 64 Bit Enterprise Edition server also fully up to date... I am attemping to backup an Exchange 2010 Server using the Exchange Agent with GRT enabled. I have tried this backup doing only a copy backup on one database in a DAG group using the passive copy of the database and received this error. The job shows an error of E00002F7...

The strange thing is the consistency check of Exchange which happens before this error runs succesfully on both the database and log files?

I am in desperate need of a full backup so have just turned off GRT for another copy backup of all databases in the DAG so that at least I have something... (I hope this will backup succesfully)...

Before anyone comments, I know a copy backup will not truncate logs etc... I do not want to run a full backup until I know that GRT will work!

There is another poster who put this message up too, so I know I am not alone, unfortunately there was no posted solution to the query...

5 REPLIES 5

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Try by excluding the Backup Exec temp directory C:\Temp\Backup Exec on the Exchange server from Anti-Virus active scan.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Sounds strange but i Had fixes the excat same issue by  rebooting the media server .

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Also update the remote agent on the Exchange servers ..

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Update the Exchange 2007 Management Tools installed on the Backup Exec server to the same level of patches applied on the Exchange 2007 server. Confirm that the ESE.DLL versions match on both servers

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Sorry for the above wrong post 

The same issue has been resolved by Sverre Amundsen plaese go through the KB

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-501 The log file is corrupt

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/v-79-57344-759-unable-complete-operation-selected-res...