Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Deduplication Command Line

Tim_Brighton
Level 2
Accredited

I'm hoping someone can help me...

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure a deduplication resource using a command line tool like bemcmd? If so can you please point me in the right direction of which switches etc I should be using. I've checked the admin guide, the web, this forum, and with Symantec support and as yet no joy. 

I won't go into too much detail the background of what I'm doing at this stage, save the fact that I need to script the installation of BE 2010 R2 to a lot of sites that use an identical configuration. I've got almost all parts 100% working using bemcmd and script files, but can't find any documentation on how to create the dedup resource. Creating it using the gui works 100% but as I said I need to be able to script it.

Thanks in advance - all suggestions gratefully received! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Cool Tim. I'd like to suggest that you add this under the Ideas website...if enough people give it the "thumb's up", it MIGHT get included if it is feasible.

If this helped you, can you please close off with the solution?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi Tim,

Not possible at all...you can confirm by checking out the guide from this location!

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/340268.pdf

You MIGHT get away with this using a CASO and the Copy Media Server Settings, but this is a very long shot!

Craig

Tim_Brighton
Level 2
Accredited

Thanks very much for your response. Today I've also had a phone call from Symantec support about this and they've also confirmed that this is not possible at present. Very disappointing but at least I have a concrete answer.

CraigV

Cool Tim. I'd like to suggest that you add this under the Ideas website...if enough people give it the "thumb's up", it MIGHT get included if it is feasible.

If this helped you, can you please close off with the solution?

Thanks!