cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-65535-65535 - An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.

Chris_Hansen
Level 3
V-79-65535-65535 - An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.
A synthetic backup of this resource will not include the data backed up by this operation until the next full or incremental backup of this resource runs.

When I click on the error number message, there is "no documentation found".   My job has the correct Byte count, but when I try to do a restore user files it does not show the data as even having been backed up, yet I can restore mailboxes.
3 REPLIES 3

KSADrew
Level 2
I've been having the same trouble with a client of mine's BUE 11d and this error.  I did a help search and it made mention of the location of the catalog files.  I checked where mine were going, and they were bing writtne to the C: drive.

I know this server's C: drive is nearly full, 48 Megs free out of 8G.  I moved the catalog files to the more available D: drive.  Not sure if this will correct the problem, but it might help.  You can find the Catalog location under Tools > Options > Settings/Catalog.  Good luck.

srshimpi
Level 3
I've been having the same trouble with a client of mine's BUE 11d and this error. I checked disk sapce, where catalog folder is reside. No issue found , sapce is sufficient.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Move the Catalogs folder on a different drive:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286696.htm

Hope this helps...