cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V10D remote agent installation failures

Parry_Stevens
Not applicable
We are an NT network, W2K media server, and XP workstations. The remote agent installation works fine from the media server to other SERVERS but fails to all our workstations. The error message is terse "access denied". I've tried valid administrative accounts without success. So then I tried the silent, command-line install, but it merely returns you to the DOS prompt right away and nothing happens. Document 264615 outlines the process but refers to using the MEDIA. I downloaded 10D, so I have no media. There is no \winnt\install\be on the media server. So I tried the command-line install using the Rant32 folder. No cigar. Setupaa.cmd works fine, but of course I would prefer to use the GUI install process. Has anyone else encountered this problem ?
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Is there any error message that is occuring during installation of Remote Agent ?
If so then please mention the exact error message.

On which system you are trying to install Remote Agent ?

Are there any event ids generated on the Backup Exec server or on remote server ? If so then kindly mention the event id and its explanation.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.