cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSS Snapshot warning

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6

Hi Guys,

So I have started getting these warnings in my backup.

Backup- System?State
VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\kapfa.sys is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\windows\system32\drivers\wdcsam64.sys is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files (x86)\kaseya\agent\..\knetcollector\kaseya.collector.exe...

What i have done in the past is simply create a file with the exact same name so the system Thinks its there and backs it up.

I have done it with the first two, but with the third warning i have a "..." in the file path, so i don't know what the full location is!!

Any ideas on a work around for this? I have logged onto other servers that have Kaseya installed but it must hide the program files as the contents of the directory is empty.

Thanks

Peter

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Stop the Kaseya service.

Through Registry Editor - Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Kaseya Collector

Change the value of the ImagePath key to "C\program files (x86)\Kaseya\Knetcollector\Kaseya.collector.exe" -service

Restart the Kaseya service & re-run the backup.

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6

Hi,

I have actually uninstalled kaseya as i no longer needed it.

So your saying the path to the file is. C\program files (x86)\Kaseya\Knetcollector\Kaseya.collector.exe

I guess i can create a file called Kaseya.collector.exe so it acts as a placeholder just like the other ones i have...?

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

Yes you can make a dummy file & then try doing backup & check

Thanks

Peter_Sheridan
Level 6

I did what was suggested and the error message has gone away.

Now i am getting this new error message, though. Any ideas on this one? I have seen this article.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH161434&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1320808963159

But the server has got 42GB free on a 231GB drive, and 31GB free on a 231GB Data Drive. So that should be enough...I think?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If exlcusions set in registry have a forward slash or extra back slash, this error could occur...