cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas 11d and Exchange 2003 Individual Mailbox Backups and missed Mailboxes

Neil_Charman
Level 3
We are currently running Veritas 11d and are backing up an Exchange 2003 server.

When we set the job up we have checked the box to "Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information store Backups"

Recently we needed to restore an individual users mailbox but when looking through the Restore job lists we noticed that a large number of mailboxes had been missed.

The backup jobs always complete successfully with no errors and the user account used for the backup jobs has been delegated Full administrator rights within the top level of Exchange.

When we did an entire exchange restore using the Recovery storage option all of the missed mailboxes were there it seems only if we want to restore an individual mailbox on some users we have a problem.
2 REPLIES 2

Ben1
Not applicable
I am having exactly this problem (just two years later).

When I arrived on this site 6 months ago I was able to easily restore individual mail messages.  Nothing has changed (except for a few password changes and a couple of updates (both BE and WS2003)) and now I can no longer drill down any further than mailbox store in the restore wizard or ordinary restore.

(i.e. I used to be able to get server/information store/mailbox store/mailbox/top of store/inbox/message, now I get server/information store/mailbox store/none).

The check box for "restore individual items" is still checked.  I have tried creating new backup jobs with exactly the same result.

I am running Exchange 2003, WS2003 and BE11dSP2.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Ben

Frustrated_only
Level 4
not sure about the perment fix BUT
restore to redirect spot
download exmerge from microsoft
export mail box from redirect spot
import to exchange

make sure that exchange permission everyone is temp full control

works for me all the time