cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Backup Exec Job Failures (network unstable)

n_lev
Level 3

Hi,

Is there any way to improve reliability of backups on slow/unstable/wide networks?

I have a Veritas BE in the cloud that pulls backups from multiple sites around the world and saves them to S3 bucket. Some of these backups could be up to 200-300 GB and take several hours (up to 24) to complete. Quite often they end up failing after several hours with error codes like E00084F8, E000848C, E00084EC.

Most likely there could be some occasional network issues, which is not unexpected if the backup runs for such a long time.

The question is: are there any settings or configs in Veritas BE that I can use to improve reliability? Maybe some better buffering, etc.?

5 REPLIES 5

kf2013
   VIP   

What is type of source backup data?

Hyper-V host (Windows 2016 Server) with 4 VM's on it (also all Windows 2016 Server)

kf2013
   VIP   

I think Backup Exec cannot rectify your network issue, because it may be caused by network equipment or broadband.

You can split the job to few jobs or you can observe the time that network disonnect  to avoid.

So there is nothing like "buffering" or "retry attempts" settings?

kf2013
   VIP   

No. You can go through all the settings in the job and the settings of backup exec.