cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 10 install help

Charles_Szymasz
Level 3
I have a windows 2003 server that has less than 600 MB remaining on the boot partition, including BE Version 9.1 on it.. I was thinking about installing Version 10 on the second drive subsystem that has 10 GB of disk space and thereby giving back about 800MB (I assume) to the boot partition after removing BE 9.1 from it.. does this sound like it makes good sense, or should BE 10 be upgraded/installed only to the boot partition.
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
If you run the BE 10.0 installation from the primary partition, the earlier BE installation will be detected and an upgrade will proceed.
On the other hand if you have an OS installed on the other partition with more disk space, you can run a parellel BE 10.0 install, but this will not include any data from the previous installation.

If you tell us whther you wish to conserve the previous data and the purpose of going through these manipulations, we may be able to help you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.