cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Long Restore Times

John_Nix
Level 3
I'm using 11d with a Dell DLT VS160. With 10d I was able to restore roughly 700mb in 15 minutes from start to finish. With 11d it took me over 90 minutes to restore the exact same data. This was after a reboot. A few co-workers of mine are experiencing the exact same problems with various other media as well (both single and autoloader LTO drives). Is there something I can do to see why my restores are taking so long?
7 REPLIES 7

Garen_Keshishia
Level 4
It's a known bug that Symantec fails to acknowledge.

Takes me 2+ hours to restore 1 MB even thought the actual data is restored in the first 10 minutes.

John_Nix
Level 3
Thanks for the reply. I selected several random folders and the first 20Mb was restored very quickly but it took over 45 minutes to restore any more and the last bit was restored at the very end.

Aaron_McQuistan
Level 3
I am experiencing the same pain right now. I have over 500GB of data to restore and it looks like it is going to take over 1400 hrs to complete. I am on Veritas DirectAssist and they are trying to blame this on my network.

John_Nix
Level 3
Please update us as to the resolution of your problem. I would love to see how this is resolved by Symantec. Thanks...

Joe_Grisolia
Level 3
John, Aaron and Garen,

Are you trying to do folder level restores? As a quick test to help narrow things down please try selecting files out of the folder and perform the restore this way.

Your selection in the restore view should have a slash and not a check mark in the box.

S_L_2
Level 4
John, Aaron, Garen, and Joe:

This is a known problem. Symantec is supposed to have their best of best working on patch or hotfix for it. I started to have this problem on January 12. I notified Symantec and it took them a while to acknowledge (back and forth phone calls you guys know the drill:-). Other Admins in this 11d forum are having the same problems with restoring emails. I can restore single and multiple files from a top level folder, but cannot restore from sub level folders and files. Symantec TSE's say to just wait until a hot fix or patch is released, but for some of us we can't wait forever, what do we do if we have a disaster? It will take days to restore since sometimes the job says "processing" and 100% for 20+ min with no info!!! Restoring a simple 2 MB file takes forever.

-S

Joe_Grisolia
Level 3
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version of the product

Symantec Corporation currently plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix to the current version of the software. Please be sure to refer back to the document linked below, as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287309.htm