cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Backup of Blade Servers in LAN

SLOW_BACKUP_to_
Level 2
Hi,

I have a Backup Exec 11d in a LAN. I make backups of normal servers (no blade servers) and the speed is normal (600 MB/Min), but if I make backup of Blade Servers the speed is very slow (20 MB/Min). All servers are in the same LAN (100 Mbps).
I have tested to make backups of the Blade Servers with NTBACKUP (Windows function) and the speed is normal, equal than the normal servers. The problem is to make backups with Symantec Backup Exec (the speed is very slow).

- Blade DELL 1955
- SO: Windows Server 2003 SP2.

Ivan Velasco
ABILITY Data Services
4 REPLIES 4

Eric_Putman
Level 4
Are all of your clients the same version as your Back Exec server? Did you "push" the new clients out to the blade servers? Do you have a VLAN? Is you network segmented right in you VLAN?

SLOW_BACKUP_to_
Level 2
Hi, Yes, all clients have the same versión (11d).
All servers are in the same VLAN (the blade servers and the others servers), there isn't more VLANs.

Thanks.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Make sure that AutoNegotiate is NOT enabled at any point on the path from your media server to the Blade

Hard set each NIC and switch port to the fastest that each end will accept.  Some have reported better results with Half-Duplex than Full, but I usually use Full Duplex

ESabo
Level 6
I am having the same problem with speed, my NIC are hard coded but that does not seem to make any difference.   Do you have any other suggestions?    Same blade servers also.