cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W2K3 R2 Domain controller and file server - shadow copy problem

MIroslav_Jirase
Level 3
Hi ,
we have a problem with shadow copy components after FSRM installation on the W2K3 R2 server. We need use FSRM.

Error:
Backup- \Shadow?Copy?Components \\DC-01-PRL\Shadow?Copy?ComponentsV-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

Exception:
Backup- \Shadow?Copy?Components \\DC-01-PRL\Shadow?Copy?ComponentsThe item \Shadow?Copy?Components\System?Service\File Server

Resource Manager\FSRM Global Configuration in use - skipped.

Installed updates: SP1, Hot fixes 26,31,27,29,33,34,37

This errors and exceptions occured after installing FSRM (File Server Resource Manager).

Any idea how to solve it?

Thank you for your help ...
7 REPLIES 7

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-- Can you backup C or D drives successfully ?
-- If this is a remote server , have you installed remote agents again after installing HF31 on media server ?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/281856

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri

MIroslav_Jirase
Level 3
Hi,
data on C a D drive are backuped successfully - there is only problem with Shadow Copy Components.
Sure, I have installed remote agent to all remote servers again after hotfix installation.

This problem occuerd after upgrading to R2 and enabling FSRM service.
When FRSM service is disabled there are no errors and exceptions. But we want to use FSRM feautures!

Any idea?

MIroslav_Jirase
Level 3
We've installed SP2 and the same problem still exist.
Does anybody solve this problem?

Mike_Mathis
Not applicable
I am having the same issue with W2k3 R2 SP1. In addition to applying SP2 for Backup Exec 10d I have applied Microsoft hot fix 913648. And I still have the same error.

The item Shadow?Copy?Components\System?Service\File Server Resource Manager\FSRM Global Configuration in use - skipped.

MIroslav_Jirase
Level 3
I found the sollution on symantec discussion forum. I tried it and it's OK.

Solution from Roman Lenarsic:

You have to run quota reports - see dokument http://support.veritas.com/docs/284211
(right click - Storage Reports Management -> Generate Reports Now..)
When you make reports make sure you select all type of reports (DHTML, HTML, XML, CSV,...)
Then you have to copy all files from
C:\StorageReports\Interactive
to
C:\System Volume Information\SRM\Reports
This is all.

Louis_McCutchen
Level 3
I'm having a similar problem, just tried the report copy suggestion which didn't make any difference.

Clicking the link in the error (V-79-57344-65245) brings up the following veritas support document : http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280671.htm which refers to a couple of hot fixes from Microsoft. However these hotfixes don't seem to address the problem so I'm hesitant to pursue getting them from Microsoft.

Alan_Toh
Level 2
How do you run the report manually like you said? Where do I right click to run the report?

Message Edited by Alan Toh on 05-06-200708:13 PM