cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WANTED...! How to set a static TPC port for use with Oracle agent.

hans_Laursen
Level 2
HI again

I do have a full working oracle agent for BE. But due to compaby firewall policies I have to know what port the agent will be using. The standard agent uses dynamic TCP ports I my firewall guy's wont accept that.
So are you able to provide my with a solution that will force the Oracle agent to use same TCP port. Be is set to use portrange 10000 to 10100 but the Oracle agent do NOT adapt these settings....
2 former support cases ECASEID=500224254 and ECASEID=500223506 did not help me to a solution.

Best regards

HAL
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note taht there is no specific range of ports that need to be open for the Backup of Oracle server using Oracle agent.As we have suggested earlier you can specify any port Range for the Oracle agent.
The only thing to make sure is that you open 40-50 ports for this purpose.
Backup Exec will use any available dynamic port.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

hans_Laursen
Level 2
Hi again
Just tried to open a case with your e-mail support but was sent to this forum for support. I dont know what information you will need to help me solve this problem.
but anyway as i told your e-mail support, I've opned a port range at 10001-10100 in the 'network/firewall' settings. but somehow the Oracle agent will NOT use theese settings, it continiue to use any dynamic range.

Regards Hans