cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What methods are there to eject the tape when job completes

Ryan_Vaillancou
Level 3
I have some questions about my backup configuration.

currently I have the backup set not to verify and I go in backupexec and eject the tape each morning after that backup finished. I have the job set to terminate if it hasn't completed within 8 hours

If I check off that box to eject the tape when complete is it going to cause my backup job to not complete until i go into backup exec and click ok or something if an eject tape dialog box pops up?

Basically, I would like the tape to autoeject after the backup finishes/fails or whatever without my interaction. Is there a way to do this within the backup jobs or should I schedule an eject every weekday morning instead, if at all possible.

i'm using backup exec 9.1 with sp3
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can select "eject on end" and also set the Alert Response to Reply "OK" to the Remove Tape alert

See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please try the solution as per Ken's suggestion.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Ryan_Vaillancou
Level 3
I don't know for sure yet since all the hardwar eis ofsite and I haven't had any contact with the people who rotate the tapes but I believe that document did the trick... thanks