cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will support for Lotus Domino on 64-bit Windows be available?

Mark_Leinhos
Level 2
Just that. I can't run a server too long without a better backup solution and "that other backup company" is calling. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Jason_Wiseman_2
Level 2
I am also curious. I installed 11d and I can't browse 64bit domino server.

But I got a white paper from symantec site that says, "Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 (32 bit and x64 Editiions). (http://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30993) so I'm wondering why it isn't working.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

You may launch a product enhancement request using the following link:

You may also subscribe to our Email Notification Service for latest updates and new releases:

Thank You,

Shweta

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sweta -

Why would he need to file an enhancement request? The whitepaper the Original Poster referenced clearly states

NEW! Updated Operating Systems Support Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 (32-bit and x64 Editions)

So Symantec has already said that the v11d Domino Agent supports 64bit. But it doesn't.

So the question remains - when will the Domino Agent support 64Bit?

Mark_Leinhos
Level 2
Symantec, we can only assume from Shweta's suggestion that Symantec hasn't even considered making a 64-bit Notes/Domino agent yet. If this is the case then you can answer my question by saying that instead of being abstruse. If that is not the case then I still need to know when the expected release date is for a Notes/Domino agent that supports Win x64 platforms.

All the developers really need to do is tweak the 32-bit agent to install and run. It doesn't even actually need to be a 64-bit process. The Domino server is still 32-bit.

Arcserve is calling me next week with a quote. If I can get an answer to this before they can sell me theirs then I'll stay with Symantec, even if the answer is sometime in January. Anything else will be too late for me.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the following Software Compatibility List for the same:

Symantec Backup Exec 11d (11.0) for Windows Servers - Software Compatibility List (SCL)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/284493

Thank You,

Shweta

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
WTF!

All that the SCL tells us is what we already know. Mainly that 64Bit Notes is not supported.

The question remains

When will this functionality be offered.

Or do you plan to drive more current customers away by not offering it until long after your competitors?

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Mark,

As you are aware the agent is not explicitly tested with 64-bit platforms so we cannot guarantee anyxthing here. Also we currently cannot say when this configuration would be supported. Porbably as a next patch or feature.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

==============

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
The SCL is the final authority. The fact that there is a whitepaper tells me that the 64 bit Lotus agent was intended to be put in 11d but didn't get through testing for the release date. I can tell you that nobody in support will be able to predict or promise when the 64 bit agent will be released since it depends on engineering and QA testing.

Russ