cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why user *.php *.htm *.html *.asp files are skipped?

hgcs
Level 4
Hi!

I have some shares with user files on a Windows Server 2008 running Backup Exec Remote Agent (12.5).

I don't understand and can't find why user *.php *.htm *.html *.asp files are skipped but other files are not?
The selection is:  \\MyServer.MyDomain.local\ShareName\*.* /SUBDIR
In the policy template I don't use the Advanced Open File Option and no exclusions are defined. The selected files are not in use running the backup.

Could you help me, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
What happens if you try accessing these files directly from within the drive letter, in stead of as share? Also, is it totally skipped or it backs up some files and does not backup others?

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Do you see these as skipped in the job log? If yes, you may try using AOFO. Although, they may not be in use by users, they might be in use by some applications, that is one reason i am assuming. So, you may try using AOFO to avoid skipped messages in the job log. If this is not visible as skipped in the job log, then we might be looking at some exclusions.

Thanks

hgcs
Level 4

The error messages are:

"The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered: x files were skipped."
Exceptions:
"Unable to open the item \\...\.....\*.html - skipped"

hgcs
Level 4
I have tried to use the AOFO but the files were skipped.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
What happens if you try accessing these files directly from within the drive letter, in stead of as share? Also, is it totally skipped or it backs up some files and does not backup others?

Thanks

hgcs
Level 4
Hello Hemant!

No *.php *.htm *.html *.asp were backuped but other filetypes were backuped.

On the Backup Media Server:
If I try to open a skipped html file within IE I get "Navigation Canceled" labeled empty webpage.
If I try open that file in notepad I can't because of Access is denied.
I have checked the security setting of that file as well as the containing folder but I have enough rights.

On the Remote agent server:
When I try open a skipped file directly I get virus alert.
All the *html, *php, *.php files are infected!
I'm going to remove them.