cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2000 Cluster with Exchange 2000

Kenny_hunter
Not applicable
We have a windows 2000 cluster running Exchange 2000, I have installed Backup Exec version 10 and when going to the selection list for backups Exchange mailboxes, info store and Public folders are not listed.

If I expand the selection list for the network and go to the virtual name I can see the Exchange Mailboxes, Info Store and Public folders.

This is great and the backups work, problem being I installed BAckup Exec locally hoping to backup Exchange through the Scsi connection between our cluster server and the disk array to get better backup speed performance. But I'm getting no increase in backup speed which leads me to think Backup Exec is still backing the data up via the network.

So my question is can Backup Exec be configured so the data is backed up via the scsi connection rather than choosing it via the network selections.
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In this environment you can configure the backup exec, in a way so that it will select the data through network selections.

However you may like to refer the following document as an additional information:-
http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/247547.pdf

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.