cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2000 Server Remote Agent install

Robert_Riggle
Level 3
I have Veritas running on a Windows XP Pro client and I am trying to back up the files off the server. I keep getting a error message saying: "Selection of this item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this item, a license key for Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Server is not installed on the machine, or the Remote Agent is old or incompatible." I tried to install the 32-bit remote agent using the command method and it doesn't seem to install. The RANT folder does not get created. In the "bkupinst.log" file has Windows Installer return code of: 3. The server had Veritas 8.0 installed on it and it has been removed. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
2 REPLIES 2

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please see the technote below to resolve the issue:

A dialog explaining "Selection of this item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this item, a license key for Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Server is not installed on the machine or the Remote Agent is old or incompatible" is displayed when trying to select drives on the remote server

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258984

Please update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Robert_Riggle
Level 3
I couldn't wait any longer to have the backups running so I ended up installing 9.1 on the server and it is now running fine. So I don't know if you fix would have worked.