cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2012 R2 + Backup Exec 2014 + SQL 2012

fords_2014
Level 3

Hi

I am in the process of testing a deployment using the above systems.  When I do a full system backup of the sql server it hangs on the sql database "reportservertempdb".  The sql server processor locks out at 100% and the only way to clear the job is to restart the backup exec services on the media server and power cycling the sql server.

I have tried removing and the re-installing the agent, a manual sql backup of the database in question works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fords_2014
Level 3

The database server contained a database that was crashing on the DBCC Check only found it as was connected to the server when as it started to fail.  Nothing to do with backup exec.

Thanks to all for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Make sure that Advanced Open File Option is not being used in the job, and that you have configured the BE service account with permissions as per the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

Thanks!

fords_2014
Level 3

Hi

Have just tried to run the backup with AOFO turned off and it fails at the same database again, account being used for the backup testing is domain admin (will be restricted later).

Thanks

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Any errors/warnings on the SQL server during the backup time period ?

Does the backup complete if the option to run consistency check of the DBs is disabled ?

fords_2014
Level 3

The DBCC checkdb completes with no errors, i then get a couple of events advising that the report server can't connect to its database then the following events:-

VSS Event 13

VSS Event 8193

Followed by a bunch of Event ID's 6016

I am just trying to work out wha the VSS errors mean

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This "reportservertempdb" looks like a temp database created by some application, perhaps it does not need to be backed up. You should check with the application/databases owner

fords_2014
Level 3

The database server contained a database that was crashing on the DBCC Check only found it as was connected to the server when as it started to fail.  Nothing to do with backup exec.

Thanks to all for your help.