cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2012 issue

leiw
Level 4

Hello,

We are using Backup Exec 2012 on Windows 2012, I known it is has compatibility issue (01.jpg). We following problems:

1. The Backup Exec Job Engine cannot be start. (02.jpg)

2. We can't backup to USB drive, please see (03.jpb) for erroe message.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Windows 2012 is currently not supported, so you would expect problems like these.  For Windows 2012 support, you got to wait for SP2 which is currently on beta and GA is expected in July.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Windows 2012 is currently not supported, so you would expect problems like these.  For Windows 2012 support, you got to wait for SP2 which is currently on beta and GA is expected in July.

leiw
Level 4

Sorry, I forgot upload screenshot, please see attached file.

To pkh, do you have experience on those issues on Windows 2012 compatibility issue ?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I forgot to add that even with SP2, BE will not be able to use Windows 2012 as a media server.  That support will come with a later release.

To solve your problem, use a supported OS as your BE 2012 media server.  See the SCL below for the list of supported OS for media server.

BE 2012 SCL

leiw
Level 4

Hi pkh,

Do you mean that we have to create medie server in Windows 2008 R2 server. In the Windows 2012 server, only configure the backup rules for remote backup data to this medie server in BE 2012?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. You should use Windows 2008 R2 as a media server.  Wait for BE 2012 SP2 in July, install SP2 and then backup Windows 2012.

leiw
Level 4

Hi pkh,

But we have other site using BE 2012 on Windows 2012 was no problem. Do you know the USB drive why having issue ?

Thanks

leiw
Level 4

Hi pkh,

After restarted the server, the phyiscal Volume Library error message disappear, but the 1XMB backup job is holding with 45mins, so I stopped it.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...other people on the forums have also indicated that Windows 2012 works when scheduled for backup. They're in the minority though, and for the most part, people have issues with it.

Simply put, you might just be lucky that it does work on your other site.

Thanks!

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Unfortunately i will have to concur with CraigV and PKH. While we have seen users see successes with installing B.E. on server 2012 the results are unpredictable and as mentioned by PKH not yet supported. Please follow the earlier recomendation made by PKH and install on a supported O.S.