cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows server agent fails to work

andy2
Level 4
Hi there

We are trying to use BackupExec version 11d installed on a W2K SP4 server to back up  data on an adjacent (i.e. on same LAN) W3K SP1 server, having the appropriate licence for the Wondoze server agent installed and in use.

However, as you might expect, the W3K server has a diferent set of log-in credentials to the W2K server - security and all that stuff.

When trying to backup data from the W3K server, BackupExec does not work reporting a failed job despite backing up from the W2K server - we hope accurately -  restore test of recent back up yet to be done here

It seems this may be because we cannot select  the appropriate identity in the relevant screen  - which we believe should be as follows -

1) double click selection list in the backup selection list - we only have one set up just now

2) expend the Wondoze selection list to show our two servers

3) right click the W3k Server and choose "connect as"

4) obtain screen called "logon account selection"

5) choose the W3K server identity (yes it does have the correct user name and password!!)

6) click "OK"

7) run back up

8) back up fails

Any advice would be most welcome

Thank you

Andy
5 REPLIES 5

andy2
Level 4
Hello?  Can anyone help?

I am 48 hours away from demanding a refund  and advising our clients they also need to seek alternative solutions

andy2
Level 4
It seems this issue may be linked to the fact we use a work group system and not a domain?

We have no need of a domain as we use Lotus Notes for mail and do not need Exchange etc

But given I can see no response to this or my other queries and this is mission critical for us, I have now deleted version 11D and am using Veritas 8.6 while awaiting a response from you - again you have about 24 hours against the deadline on my other queries that I note have no respose as yet.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
When the job fails, what error is reported? When you enter the login credentials, I assume they pass when you test the credentials?

andy2
Level 4
Hywel - thanks!

When the job fails all it says is something like "cannot see the remote (W3K - same workgroup) server"

When trying to publish the agent to the remote server (W3K - same workgroup) it gives an error that takes me to a document that does not describe the error - as follows ....

"Attempting to connect to server \\xxx  (name was correct) failed with the following error "No mapping between account names and security ID's was done"

Please visit http://support.veritas.com/docs/282613 to view possible reasons why remote installation cannot continue"

andy2
Level 4
Interesting - no responses - maybe I'm just boring?

Best to all

Andy