cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a0008101 - Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument

Hakan_Bulin
Not applicable
Hi
I've mounted a new tapedrive in a customers HP ML 350 G3 server with windows 2000 sp4 enviroment.
The only thing that now works in backupexec 9.1 is to eject tapes.
Any other thing result in error messages like remove tape and insert overwritable, scratch, recycable media. yes/no/cancel.
I have completely new tapes .
The tapedrive is a Sony SDX-550V ait2 turbo drive.
I have run tapeinst.exe and installed new drivers which I downloaded from veritas website.
I have tested the drive with Sony tape utilty and read/write works perfectly. The latest firmware is installed also.
I have tested to delete the tapedrive and installed it again, no difference.
I have also run beutility and have choosen repair databas. Result successfully repaired. But backup still not working.

What to do next???

Regards

//Hakan
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Which device drivers are you using? Have you upgraded the drivers?

Please ensure that you are not using a RAID controller as they are not supported with Backup Exec.

Please try a power cycling the device and the server to redetect the tape and rebuild the database.

Check the system event log for event id's 7,9,11 and 15 if you have any please write here.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.