cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a00081d9 - Job Engine System Service Not Responding???

csorrows
Not applicable
I'm working with a client who has Backup Exec for Windows 9.1 on a Windows Server 2003. A few months ago when this server was put in production, Backup Exec ran just fine.

As of about a month ago, every nightly job started failing with the a00081d9 Job Engine System Service Not Responding error. Manual jobs seem to run fine, but any scheduled job fails.

This server is running NO applications (no SQL, no Oracle, nothing), and NO clients are being backed up. The only thing we're backing up is the Windows 2003 Server itself, the System State, and all local hard drives. Backups are being done to a local DLT drive. So there shouldn't be any conflicts with any agents, since we're not running any - ONLY the server itself is being backed up.

I noticed a LOT of people posted about this same error message on the Newsgroups, and the latest patches didn't seem to fix it, nor was there any useful information in the Veritas Knowledgebase.

Has anybody out there found a solution to this? I saw where somebody rebuilt their server to try and fix this, but this is NOT an option for the client.

Any help or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Pranoy
Level 3
Try the following:

Please chk for any errors in the Application Log for any application errors.

Try the following TN to repair the BE database.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

If the above step does not help, try the following:

1. Stop all BE services.
2. Browse to X:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\
where X: is the drive on which BE is installed
3. Rename Catalogs folder to oldcatalogs
4. Start all BE services this will create a new catalog folder.

Run the scheduled backup.