cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active directory restore

mo_ali
Level 4
Hi i'm trying to restore my active directory, when i log into the restore mode i can't restore my system files because i used my domain account to back them up and that account is not affailable in restore mode. can someone help with this. thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

John_Singler
Level 3
did you read through this:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/236240

mo_ali
Level 4
the link you mentioned was not that helpful, the machine i'm trying to restore is an IM domain controller therefore it's a local computer which has backup exec running on it i used backup exec to archive my system state before making changes to my IM but now when i go into restore mode to restore my system state i can't because the account which i used to backup my system state was a domain admin acct which doesn't exist in the restore mode. can i transfer the credentials to the admin acct in the restore mode. thanks.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Does it give you any error mesage if you try to connect to BE in the directory services restore mode? Make sure that all the Backup exec services are running under the local system account. Try connecting with a local admin account.

Revert with details on error message/alerts/warning, if any, i the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
When you go to do the restore, click the Resource Credentials option, highlight your selections, and go to change the logon account. Then and add a new account, using the credentials of your Active Directory Restore Mode account.

E.g: Username - machinename\Administrator
Password - Active Directory Restore Mode password

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue , if the problem persists please revert.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.