cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert "insert an overwritable media into the robotic library" but jobs are working fine

maurice7
Level 3

Hi,

recently I'm facing this alert in event viewer of my Backup Exec 11d server, it is shown as "information" and not as "error":

Event ID: 58064
Source: Backup Exec
Type: Information
Description:Backup Exec Alert: Library Insert
(Server: "%server%") (Job: "%job name") Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command.
 Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media[...]

I notice that it happens during Full-Weekly jobs, once a month in the last three months.

The backup job is scheduled to start at friday 11 PM, it really starts at this time but the first set of data copy starts about 36 hours later, so the entire job lasts about 60 hours instead of 15 hours.

However the job ends with success.

Should I be worried about that? What could be the cause?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You get this message when you don't have any overwritable/appendable media available. It could be that the job queues while waiting for tapes to be inserted...and it starts once a tape in the library is made available when its OPP/Append settings are reached.

Your choices are to ensure that you have tapes available before the job starts (automatically if your Append/OPP settings are correct), or manually erase tapes before the backup run.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You get this message when you don't have any overwritable/appendable media available. It could be that the job queues while waiting for tapes to be inserted...and it starts once a tape in the library is made available when its OPP/Append settings are reached.

Your choices are to ensure that you have tapes available before the job starts (automatically if your Append/OPP settings are correct), or manually erase tapes before the backup run.

Thanks!

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if it has Overwritable tapes to write to. I am not sure about this, but if you change the tapes before the job and replace a few tapes to be overwritten by these jobs, try to scratch these tapes.

Cause by the description that you have posted, it looks like it finds the first overwritable tape about 36 hours after the start time of the job.