cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backing up SharePoint 2013

ikmon2000
Level 3

I was backing up our SharePoint 2007 at the file level using BE12.5

I now need to to do the same for our SharePoint 2013. Do I need a special agent for this and if so can i still get  one for BE 12.5?

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Backing up Sharepoint at a file level is not the correct way to do it - unless you stop all the Sharepoint Services (and related SQL services) and also make sure that Backup Exec is actually backing up the files (Backup Exec can silently exclude files from backups that should be backed up using a specific method)

To backup Sharepoint whilst it is online you should use our Application & Database agent (which has a separate license)

The Software Compatibility Lists  for each version of Backup Exec do indicate which Sharepoint versions are supported (by the App & DB agent) you can find them on our website.

Backup Exec 12.5 was released in 2008 and has been replaced more than once from 2010 onwards. As such a version of Sharepoint branded as Sharepoint 2013 is unlikely to be supported by a much older Backup Product. So even if you could still buy licenses for such an old Backup Exec version it would not work with that version of Sharepoint.

Backup Exec 12.5 is in fact no longer officially supported.