cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 10.1 remote agent - version: not available

Peter_Gabriel
Level 3
hi,

i installed the backup exec remote agent on a win2ksp4 without problems and started the appropriate service. when i right-click the computer in backup exec source selections section and choose properties, in the section 'remote agent' i get the following:

installed: yes
version: not available

the scheduled job completes with following status:
unable to initialize remote agent
completed status: completed with exceptions

the win2k is a terminal server without firewall.

any clue?
appreciate any help
5 REPLIES 5

Peter_Gabriel
Level 3
i did find out this:
on the w2k3 server i see following lines in the log

07/05/06 15:00:15 Successfully impersonated FWZ-INT\Administrator
07/05/06 15:00:15 WhoAmI( ) reports: FWZ-INT\Administrator

on the w2k server i seet these lines instead

07/05/06 16:43:53 LogonUser failed: A required privilege is not held by the client.
07/05/06 16:43:53 LogonUser failed for user: FWZ-INT\Administrator

but on both machines the fwz-int\administrator is member of the local administrator group and i double and triple checked the password.

any help appreciated

p

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Have you tried restarting the server after installing remote agent.

If not please do the same and verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Peter_Gabriel
Level 3
no i didn't. this is a server that has to be available 24/7 i cannot restart if and when i want. isn't there another solution? are you sure, that a restart will solve the problem?

brgds
p.

Peter_Gabriel
Level 3
today i tried to reinstall the remote agent. this time i did it locally and not from a remote session. but still no solution.

Peter_Gabriel
Level 3
the remote desktop agent on the w2k server has to run as "Local System account" with "Allow service to interact with desktop" enabled. <- this solves the problem, but i had to solve it by myself. thnx symantec for nothing.

p