Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 10d cannot use or install remote agent on win xp pro sp2

hen_ron
Level 2
Hi
i am using backup exec 10d in windows 2000 server sp4
when i try to install the remote agent on win xp sp2 client (the firewall is disabled)
and i use the administrator account (local admin+network admin) i received the following error : the RPC server is unavailable and this event in the system
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10009
Date: 20/04/2006
Time: 10:27:59
User: DOMAIN\administrator
Computer: SERVER
Description:
DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER1 using any of the configured protocols.
also i get this event in the application :
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1015
Date: 20/04/2006
Time: 10:25:53
User: DOMAIN\administrator
Computer: SERVER
Description:
Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0

I install the agent locally in the workstation but when i backup the station i receive this error : The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine TEST-ACCOUNT. The machine could not be found on the network.
The Media Server will fall back on the local agent to try and complete the operation.
Unable to initialize Remote Agent
2 REPLIES 2

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Please ensure that the remote agents on both the machines, remote as well as the media server is running with the LSA. If the issue only occurs on the XP machine, please refer to the following dokument:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/241419

Please keep us updated on the issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kingsley_Mok
Level 5
Hello Asma,

The solution you've provided is not applicable and does not work. The XP Pro SP2 is already on the same domain as the BE Server and the the Force Guest account reg value is already at 0.