cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 15 FP5 poodle atack

Cueierr
Level 2

hi 

i use to Backup exec 15 FP5 and "Nessus" (Security vulnerability monitoring program)

I hope that this is not a security vulnerability. What should I do?

Does blocking this port have any effect on backups?

TYPESourceService PortService ProtocolVulnerability CVE IDsStatusProcessVulnerability Title
IntranetNessus59081tcpCVE-2014-8730OpenSQL Server (BACKUPEXEC)TLS Padding Oracle Information Disclosure Vulnerability (TLS POODLE)
IntranetNessus1433tcpCVE-2014-8730OpenSQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)TLS Padding Oracle Information Disclosure Vulnerability (TLS POODLE)
IntranetNessus55794tcpCVE-2014-8730OpenSQL Server (BACKUPEXEC)TLS Padding Oracle Information Disclosure Vulnerability (TLS POODLE)
IntranetNessus1433tcpCVE-2014-8730OpenSQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)TLS Padding Oracle Information Disclosure Vulnerability (TLS POODLE)
IntranetNessus50539tcpCVE-2014-8730OpenSQL Server (VIM_SQLEXP)TLS Padding Oracle Information Disclosure Vulnerability (TLS POODLE)
IntranetNessus56842tcpCVE-2014-8730OpenSQL Server (BACKUPEXEC)TLS Padding Oracle Information Disclosure Vulnerability (TLS POODLE)
IntranetNessus60333tcpCVE-2014-8730OpenSQL Server (BACKUPEXEC)TLS Padding Oracle Information Disclosure Vulnerability (TLS POODLE)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
The TN below has details on all the ports used by Backup Exec...check them out and see if any correlate with your vulnerability app: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH49563 If not, you can block the port and see the impact on BE. If adverse, unblock it. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
The TN below has details on all the ports used by Backup Exec...check them out and see if any correlate with your vulnerability app: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH49563 If not, you can block the port and see the impact on BE. If adverse, unblock it. Thanks!