cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 2.5 and remote agent 2010

kongimail
Level 2

Looking for help please-

anyone with any issue with BE12.5 and BE 2010 Remote agent? I've got a media server running BE 12.5 but needed to buy remote agent license for another windows fileserver. so wanting to know if they play nicely together. thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE 12.5 media server will not be able to work with BE 2010 remote agents.  It will work if it is the other way round, i.e. BE 2010 media server will work with BE 12.5 remote agents.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

To add to PKH who rightly pointed, In that case you have to purchase the 12.5 remote agent. If it is not available and if Symantec is only selling the 2010 remote agent then you have to downgrade the license to 12.5.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

However the remote agent serial number for BE 2010 should be able to be added to a BE 12.5 Media server to enable it and then you install the 12.5 Agent software on the remote server.

kongimail
Level 2
That is too bad for me cuz i had bought a BE12.5 awhile back from our vendor. I contact them recently and they told me that BE12.5 Remote Agent was discontinued and that I have to go with the BE2010 Remote Agent, according to them, it will work with BE12.5 no problem. Evidently contradict to the advice i'm getting here. but will still test it out anyways this weekend :p

Regards..

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I don't think you will be able to add 2010 license key in 12.5, you have to call Symantec licensing so that they can downgrade the license from 2010 to 12.5 and then you can put it in 12.5.

kongimail
Level 2

this is a trial version though, but i see what you are saying, if the trial version can successfully complete backup, i'll probably have to contact them as you advice after i had bought the Remote Agent.

Thanks.