cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 2010 All jobs stuck on queued status

mark_fuller
Level 3

hello

any job i submit gets stuck on queued status. I have tired restarting services and server and also deleteing the device and re adding it. It is a HP G2 autoloader connected var sas.

Mark

13 REPLIES 13

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Are you able to perfrom basic operation like inventory & are this new tape you are using for first time then please perform erase & see if that help

Also any alerts in alerts tab or event viewer when job goes in queued state

Thank You

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

"Queued State" means Backup Exec is finding the Library busy.

Workaround : Go to the Media TAB->Right Click on the Server name and click "Paused" wait for some time and unpause it.

Solution 2:

We need to perform a powercycle on the network as below:

1. Power down the server and the library

2. Disconnect the library from the server and turn ON the server (This will remove all the traces of the library from the OS)

3. Turn OFF the server and connect the Library

4. Turn ON the Library 1st and let it come up

5. Turn ON the server and check the device manager for the Drives and the Robotic Arm.

Make sure to use symantec drivers for the Tape drives and medium changer must be "Unknown Medium Changer" (Microsoft Drivers)

Hope this helps...

mark_fuller
Level 3

nope everything is queued like inventory and the event viewer is clean

mark_fuller
Level 3

done that all above, i have made sure changer is unknown device driver, the autoloader is set to manual, random

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Is this a new setup, & what is backupexec version if it is BE 2010 then please upgrade to BE 2010 r2 sp1

Thank You

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the status of the server in the BEutility.exe.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should set your library to automatic, random because

• Automatic indicates that the unit will switch from Sequential to Random mode if the library receives certain SCSI commands.
  • Manual indicates that the library will stay in the current mode until another mode is configured by the user
  • My library is set to automatic, random.  Manual means that BE cannot control the library.

mark_fuller
    Level 3

right, the autoloader is now set on Automatic/Random still no luck

pkh
       VIP    Certified

After changing the setting, did you do the following?

1) Power down both the tape library and the media server

2) Power up the tape library

3) Power up the media server.

mark_fuller
    Level 3

yep still no joy, just woundering if it is the sas card or autoloader. 

pkh
       VIP    Certified

As a last resort, test it with the HP L&TT utility.  Make sure you stop all the BE services.

mark_fuller
    Level 3

that utility works fine no reported errors

Alexxx
    Level 3

I am having exactly the same proble, jobs to disk work fine but then to the hp autoloader they will remain queued and never run, this impacts any jobs that need to wait for the tape job to finish and thus ends up in deadlock.

It was working fine untillate last month so now i am wondering a possible windows update or something has caused it