cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec 2014 tape

vovocals
Level 4

i have 7 tapes in a tape drive

on the 5th tape, only a total of 1.1tb of data was written on it out of 1,39tb. b4 moving to the next tape. what could have been the cause of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It could be that the job wants to overwrite a tape so it needs an overwritable tape rather than a half filled one

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It could be that the job wants to overwrite a tape so it needs an overwritable tape rather than a half filled one

vovocals
Level 4

this is what i am trying to say. slot 5 wasn't filled up. i am now backing up using slot 6. i want to know why it didn't used all the capacity of slot 5.

is it advisable to put a tape on a mailslot on a tape drive? or is the mailslot primarily used for cleaning tapes?slots.png

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See my previous answer. The mailslot is used for importing and exporting tapes. It is not for putting cleaning tapes. You need to put cleaning tapes into a dedicated cleaning slot which you can define by checking the cleaning slot option in the slot property

vovocals
Level 4

Ok. so should any tape be placed on the mailslot?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No. Not unless you want to import it into a slot Do ask one topic per discussion so that there is focus. Don't simply ask any questions that comes into your head

vovocals
Level 4

what's the essensce of the forum if it isn't to ask questions?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can ask questions but restrict yourself to one topic per discussion. For example, your question on mailslot should be a different discussion since it is not related to your original question

vovocals
Level 4

I understand. isn't it unwise to create thousands of forums that can be asked just to ask questions that are just pointless creating multiple forums? except this becomes beneficials to you support guys?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No. This is so that another user can easily find a topic. If everything is muddled up, how are you going to find the correct topic