cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec doesnt see window agent when backing up

cptjck25
Level 4

I have a backup exec  windows backup agent  installed on windows server 2003 file server.  The Remote agent windows for window system windows show that the backup agent is detected on the the target computer. But when I run the backup I get this message.

"Could not completely protect remote computers because the Backup Exec Remote Agent was not installed."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled form the cd and the backup exec 2010 r3 program. And Is till get this message all the other remote agent for windows system work great.

Any ideas

Thanks in adavance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cptjck25
Level 4

yes we get the same error when backing up throught the user defined section. I reintalled RAWS and got the same error.

After doing some digging I found out that port 10000  was blocked in the firewall once i unblocked that port the problem went away. backup exec and is now commucating with the agent.

Thanks for you help?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

is the remote agent service running on the target server ? Is it publishing to the media server ?

cptjck25
Level 4

The service is running Not sure what you mean by "publishing to the media server"  backup exec see its and says it there.

VJware
Level 6

are you able to add this remote server thru an user defined selection ?

cptjck25
Level 4

Sorry. I still dont know what you mean "add this remote server thru an user defined selection"  I can push the install out using the "install remote agents and media servers" in the home selection

VJware
Level 6

Use this KB for creating an user defined selection - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23840

cptjck25
Level 4

yes it is added to the user defined selection

VJware
Level 6

Do you get the same error when backing up through an user-defined selection ?

Also, try re-installing the RAWS & ensure you have the RAWS license added as well...

cptjck25
Level 4

yes we get the same error when backing up throught the user defined section. I reintalled RAWS and got the same error.

After doing some digging I found out that port 10000  was blocked in the firewall once i unblocked that port the problem went away. backup exec and is now commucating with the agent.

Thanks for you help?