cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup fails on microsoft exchange when he verify's

KOEN_HUYS
Level 3

When i make a backup of my exchange with symantec backup exec 11d for windows, he backups, but when he verify's the file then the services stop

what can i do to resolve this issue

I think there is a wrong mail in the database of exchange but when i backup I cant select each mailbox seperatly so that i can rule out some email accounts

11 REPLIES 11

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Koen,

What is the specific error message, and is it to take or disk?

THanks,

Craig

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Which services are stopped?? Is it stopping on the Media server or remote Exchange server?? Also what is the error with whidh the backups are failing???

Thanks,

-Sush...

KOEN_HUYS
Level 3

All of the services are stopped, and I can't have an error

the program tells me that there was an error but that he can't show a error report

korn

Sush---
Level 6

Are any events generated on the Event viewer??? Could you post them if they are present??

Thanks,

-Sush...

KOEN_HUYS
Level 3

enclosed a error i get in event viewer

Sush---
Level 6

Hello Koen,

May I know what is the version of Exchange that you are trying to backup?? Also I can see from the screenshot that you are using BE 11d 6235.

Before any further troubleshooting I would suggest you to upgrade to atleast 11d-7170 SP5 which is much more improved and stable than 11d-6235. The upgrade from build 6235 to 7170 is free so you so not have to buy any license keys

Thanks,

-Sush...

KOEN_HUYS
Level 3

exchange system Microsoft corporation version 6.5.7638.1

KOEN_HUYS
Level 3

how can i upgrade to 11d-7170?? not with live update

Sush---
Level 6

Here is the link for download:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

Thanks,

-Sush...

KOEN_HUYS
Level 3

i see it is a trail version so i will have to buy licences??

Sush---
Level 6

Hello Koen,

Een when the download says that its a trial version you will not have to buy the license again as License keys for Backup Exec 11d has already been installed on your server. So you just have to run the installation which will upgrade to Backup Exec 11d-7170.

Thanks,

-Sush...